Spine pain is one of the leading complaints that send people to a back pain specialist in Bohemia. At Spine & Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management, our expert pain management specialists will pinpoint the root cause of your spine pain and provide you with comprehensive treatment to get you back toward a pain-free lifestyle. Continue reading to discover the common causes of spine pain.
Common Causes of Spine Pain
Your spine is a unique and complex structure of bones, discs, ligaments, and tendons that work harmoniously to support your entire body and allow movement. Problems in any area of your spine can lead to pain, but some of the causes may be unclear. Some of the most common causes of spine pain include:
- Injury – Many people experience spine pain due to injury or trauma to the back. This can be due to a car accident, physical labor, sports injuries, or falls.
- Arthritis – Spinal arthritis is one of the leading causes of spine pain and often affects older adults. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can both cause pain, stiffness, and reduced range of motion in the spine.
- Overuse – Repetitive motions over time can lead to muscle strain and other issues in the neck or back. This is common in physical labor, athletes, or those who work at a desk all day.
- Poor Posture – Sitting for extended periods of time with poor posture can cause significant strain on the spine, leading to pain and discomfort.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – This condition is caused by age-related wear and tear on the discs in the spine. As they break down, they become unable to cushion the spine properly and can cause pain.
Fortunately, a back pain specialist in Bohemia can help you develop a plan to alleviate spine pain. Our experts may recommend therapeutic stretching and strengthening exercises, medications, lifestyle modifications, or injections to reduce inflammation and bring relief. In more severe cases, they may suggest surgery if conservative treatments have not been effective.
Contact Our Back Pain Specialist in Bohemia
No matter the cause of your spine pain, it is essential to consult with a qualified back pain specialist in Bohemia to help you determine the source and find effective treatment solutions. If you are experiencing pain, stiffness, or reduced range of motion in your spine, don’t wait to seek help. Contact Spine & Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management today to learn more about how you can find relief.