Do you suffer from chronic pain and nothing seems to be working in order to help relieve it? If so, our team at Spine and Sports Rehabilitation and Pain Management may have the solution for you. At our practice, we provide a number of different treatment options that can help combat your chronic pain. Two, in particular, that can provide great benefit to you and your condition is trigger point therapy and massage therapy. The great thing about these treatments is that they tend to compliment each other very well. If you are looking for pain management in Suffolk County that can help combat your chronic pain, contact us today for more information.
- Trigger point therapy focuses on identifying and releasing trigger points. Trigger points are places that produce pain when compressed.
- Usually, trigger points form as a result of trauma to the muscle fibers.
- Trigger point therapy is usually used to treat a number of different chronic pain conditions like TMJ pain, back pain, carpal tunnel, sciatica, migraines, sports-related injuries, and more.
- During treatment, a small needle with lidocaine is inserted into a patient’s trigger point. The medicine reduces inflammation and increases blood flow to cause a rapid healing process. After, the trigger point will likely go away reliving a great deal of discomfort.
- Trigger point therapy can be completed in minutes, it can significantly relax your muscles and release tension, often after just one session.
- Massage therapy is a manual manipulation of soft body tissues like muscles, connective tissues, tendons, and ligaments, to enhance the health and well-being of the patient.
- Massage therapy can be an effective part of pain relief and management providing long-lasting relief for patients suffering from back pain, fibromyalgia, tension headaches, sports-related injuries, muscle spasms, and more.
- Massage therapy stimulates relaxation and relieves the perception of pain and anxiety, decreasing the strength of pain.
- Massage therapy can minimize swelling and return your muscles range of motion back to full capacity.
Pain Management In Suffolk County
If you are seeking pain management in Suffolk County, Spine and Sports Rehabilitation and Pain Management offer a wide variety of treatments that can help you with your chronic pain. We believe that pairing massage therapy and trigger point therapy together can help reduce your pain and improve your quality life, providing an effective duo. Make an appointment today to find out if massage therapy and trigger point therapy may be right for you.