Dealing with chronic pain can be unbearable at times. If every moment of your day is clouded by pain, it can drag you down. At Spine and Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management, one of the treatments we use to address chronic pain is injection therapy. Our staff understands the root causes of pain and we can properly diagnose and treat your condition. If you are looking for pain management in Suffolk County and want to learn if injection therapy is right for you, please contact a member of our team.
What is Injection Therapy?
Injection therapy is a minimally invasive, non-surgical solution that can potentially provide long-term pain relief. Each therapeutic injection targets specific areas to ease pain and discomfort. Our team offers various forms of therapeutic injections, including:
- Facet Steroid Injections – Work as a numbing agent to relax facet joints and relieve pain.
- Joint Injections – A steroid injection that can target pain in the joints surrounded by a joint capsule.
- Trigger Point Injections – Used to reduce pain and treat irritated nerves in areas of muscles that contain trigger points.
- Prolotherapy – Repairs tissues and joints without surgery and triggers your body’s natural healing mechanisms.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) – Patients are injected with platelets taken from their blood at the source of their pain. PRP injections are effective for patients with arthritis.
- Ultrasound-Guided Injections – This injection helps the doctor find the location of your pain and treat nerves, cysts, and tissues.
Benefits of Injection Therapy
If you have never experienced this kind of treatment, the thought of using needles to address your pain might be daunting. Therapeutic injections can be used as a part of an existing pain management plan or used independently. If you are looking for pain management in Suffolk County, consider the benefits of injection therapy:
- They stop pain at the source – Injection therapy can directly pinpoint the source of your pain and provide relief where you need it.
- Quick-relief – Injection therapy can offer effective relief for chronic pain, with some injections providing immediate relief.
- Minimally invasive – Treatment is performed only through injections or needles, so it is an outpatient procedure. Injection therapy can potentially delay or even replace invasive surgery.
- They work well with other treatments – While injections may not treat the condition responsible for your pain, they can provide enough relief so that we can address your condition through different therapies.
Contact Us For Pain Management in Suffolk County
At Spine and Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management, we are proud to provide our patients with advanced, high-quality care. Our goal with injection therapy is to help alleviate your chronic pain safely and efficiently. To learn more about pain management in Suffolk County, contact us today to see how we can help!