If you suffer from chronic pain, you are not alone as an estimated 1 in 5 Americans, or 50 million people, manage chronic pain daily. If you’re one of these many sufferers, and traditional treatment methods have not yielded much progress, Spine and Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management can be the perfect fit for you. Our team will offer various holistic methods for pain management in Suffolk County to increase your quality of life and reduce the pain.
Types of Chronic Pain
Any pain that is persistent and lasts for more than 12 weeks is identified as chronic pain. Chronic discomfort can be steady pain or it may come and go without warning. The pain may be sharp or dull and also cause an aching or burning sensation in the affected area. Some of the most common types of chronic pain tend to include a few of the following:
- Lower back pain.
- Neurogenic pain.
- Post-trauma pain.
No matter the cause or symptoms of your chronic pain, you can be sure that you’ll receive top-quality pain management in Suffolk County with Spine and Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management.
Holistic methods of treatment consider the whole person (body, mind, spirit, and emotions) when looking for optimal health and wellness. At Spine and Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management, some holistic approaches to pain management we can perform for patients include:
- Acupuncture – Small thin needles used to stimulate nerves, tissues, and muscles to release natural painkillers and endorphins.
- Chiropractic Treatment – Spinal manipulation to promote musculoskeletal alignment to help reduce pain.
- Massage Therapy – Massaging of the affected area to reduce swelling, trigger point pain, and increase range of motion.
Philosophy of Holistic Treatment
One of the main philosophies of holistic healing is that a person is ultimately responsible for their well-being. Other principles of this method include:
- A patient is a person, not their condition.
- Everyone has innate healing powers.
- The doctor and patient must take a team approach to address all aspects of the patient’s life for proper healing.
- Treatment also involves fixing the cause, not just alleviating symptoms.
Pain Management in Suffolk County
Chronic pain is a condition that too many Americans suffer from each day. Being exposed to constant pain can be demoralizing and sometimes unbearable to manage. If traditional medicine has not helped you in your quest to eliminate this pain, it may be time to contact the team at Spine and Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management. We can offer you the holistic methods for pain management in Suffolk County that you desperately desire. Don’t give up hope, reach out to our staff now.