If you are in search of pain management in Suffolk County, Spine and Sports Rehabilitation is here to provide assistance. Learn more about our injection therapies to heal your pain and find out if this treatment option is the right choice for you.
Sports injuries are common and sometimes the pain caused by these injuries can last for several years. Here at Spine and Sports, we offer a wide variety of treatments tailored for sports-related injuries in the spine, joints, muscles, and other locations throughout the body. We provide you with a number of therapeutic injections that can target and eliminate specific areas of pain and discomfort. If you’re looking to find a routine for pain management in Suffolk County, contact the team at Spine and Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management for more information regarding our injection therapy program.
Why Injection Therapy?
Injection therapy is a non-surgical solution that can lead to short-term or long-term pain relief. This procedure might also be a better option for patients who do not respond well to medications or pain killers. Each injection targets particular symptoms to help ease pain and discomfort. Injection therapy is beneficial for patients who have trouble finding the specific location of their pain. If a patient finds that his or her pain is still discomforting after a series of therapeutic injections, the pain could be stemming from another complication.
Types of Therapeutic Injections
- Platelet-Rich Plasma: For Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP, patients are injected with platelets that are taken from their blood. The doctor injects the patient at the source of their pain within areas such as the shoulder, spine, knee, hip, and back. PRP injections are best for patients with arthritis or ligament injuries.
- Joint Injections: A joint injection is a steroid injection that relieves pain in joints surrounded by a joint capsule. Joint injections can reduce inflammation, which is often the cause of pain. Joint injections can also treat specific conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis.
- Facet Steroid Injections: Facet steroid injections work as a numbing agent to relax the facet joints and block the pain. These injections specifically target the facet joints, which are located in the back and neck. A facet steroid injection can relieve pain for those with larger injuries who move onto physical therapy sessions or long-term treatments.
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is a type of treatment that repairs tissues and joints without a surgical process. Prolotherapy triggers the body’s natural healing mechanisms to repair injuries.
- Ultrasound-Guided Injections: Ultrasound-guided injections treat nerves, cysts, and tissues. This form of therapeutic injection helps doctors find the precise location of the pain.
Pain Management in Suffolk County
At Spine and Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management, we take pride in giving our patients the best possible care. Through injection therapies, it is our goal to help alleviate your pain in the safest, most efficient way possible. If you want to learn more about our pain management in Suffolk County, contact us today to get in touch with our team of experts and see how we can help you. Take the first step toward a pain-free life and call us at 631-203-4300.