The body is a complex matrix of intertwined muscles, tendons, and joints. Trigger point therapy is a practice used to tap into the body’s muscles and tissues to relieve chronic and injury-related pains caused by stress and tension. At Spine & Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management, our lower back pain doctor on Long Island will work with you to locate the source of your discomfort and release your constricted muscles.
What is Trigger Point Therapy?
Trigger points, or muscle knots, are tight or stiff areas that form within muscle tissues. Trigger points are commonly found in the back, shoulders, and hips and typically occur when these areas experience injury or tension. Trigger point therapy is a type of manual therapy treatment used to alleviate pain by relieving tension within the muscles. Our lower back pain doctor on Long Island is highly trained in this therapy and will focus on specific points to restore elasticity to your muscles and fascia. Several conditions can be treated with trigger point therapy, including:
- Chronic headaches/migraines.
- Myofascial pain syndrome.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- TMJ disorder.
Benefits of Trigger Point Therapy
Our lower back pain doctor on Long Island may incorporate trigger point therapy into a patient’s treatment plan to facilitate their healing process. Some of the benefits patients can experience with trigger point therapy may include:
- Improved flexibility and range of motion – Pain can impact your mobility and reduce flexibility. When your muscle tension is relieved, your overall range of motion can increase.
- Decreased instances of headaches and migraines – Headaches and migraines that stem from tight neck and upper back muscles can be improved with trigger point therapy.
- Improved posture – Tight and stiff muscles can lead to slouching, which negatively impacts posture. This therapy can be used to relieve tightness, which eases tensions in areas causing postural issues.
One of the most significant benefits patients can experience when visiting our lower back doctor on Long Island is pain relief. This natural treatment requires no medication and has successfully treated pain associated with a variety of musculoskeletal ailments.
Contact Our Lower Back Pain Doctor on Long Island
At Spine & Sports Rehabilitation Pain Management, our goal is to provide patients with well-rounded care to get them on the path towards a pain-free life. If you are looking for ways to manage your pain and learn more about trigger point therapy, contact our team today!